Small Wars Journal would not be possible without the support of the community. Support takes many forms; we value all of them. Small Wars Journal is published by Small Wars Foundation, a non-profit corporation. Please see the Foundation page for important information about our exempt status.
- Donate What You Can -- Any amount helps. Really. If you find value in Small Wars Journal and are able, please give back a little.
- Donate and get an SWJ Challenge Coin as a premium -- Yes, we still have some coins. Get these classic, collector's edition mementos while you still can before we come up with a new design. Slap them on a bar or table somewhere in good health. We'll send them your way automatically if you donate through the link below. Honestly, if you've donated in the past but can't now, just drop us a note and we'll take care of you. But we sure could use the continued support..
- Share your work -- we are only as good as the substantive discussions we enable. Rich exchange amongst our readers and contributors is our raison d'etre. Please submit your work for publication, comment on the SWJ Blog and Journal, and participate in the Small Wars Council discussion board.
- Referral income -- use Amazon to buy those books you heard about here, and everything else while you're at it. You pay that same low Amazon price, while they provide us a referral fee when you go to their site through the links on ours.
- Spread the word -- promote Small Wars Journal to your your colleagues & friends. In particular, please help us to expand our reach beyond the usual suspects and into the broad range of small wars participants and stakeholders.
- Advertisers -- please frequent our advertisers, they help us keep the lights on. As a member of the community yourself, you realize what an intelligent, powerful, and particularly good looking demographic our audience is. If you're in a position to influence your organization's advertising, please steer them our way. See more information on advertising with SWJ.
- Other In-kind support -- as a small organization we have a lot of needs, a lot of things we're still too dumb to know we need, and a lot of things we can't get to. If you think you can square us away or lend a hand on any front, please let us know.
- Grants and Foundation support -- we are grateful for and have been fortunate to receive some significant grant support, without which we probably would have collapsed. New sources of grant, foundation, or benefactor support is important to our future. If you have some focused advice on opportunities for usto pursue, please let us know.